How to use FileZilla for SFTP
April 28, 2022
- Select the correct client for you operating system and click the download button.
- Run the installer, default options will be fine for most people.
- Once filezilla is installed launch it and click on the open site manager button.
- Click the new site button.
- Set the protocol to SFTP and set logon type to the appropriate option (usually key file). Then fill the host, port and user field out with the appropriate information.
Step 7 (If using key file logon type)
- Click the browse button then navigate to and select your key file
- Your site manager window should now look like the one below.
- If your window looks similar to the above you are now ready to click the connect button.
- Upon clicking connect the site manager window will close.
- If you see a similar output to the one below you have successfully connect to a server via SFTP.
Need help with your next development project? Let’s talk.Get in touch